spoon

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Taco Chicken

Wed. has long been a favorite day of mine. For many years I had the privilege of attending a bible study in St. Peters, MO on Wed. mornings. In our final year in St. Peters, our home church, Faith Chapel, http://www.faithchapelag.com/index.php began a prayer & worship time, mid-day each Wed. It became the highlight of my week. Now that we are here in Houston, TX, I have been able to set aside a worship time each Wed. Today the line from a Kari Jobe http://karijobe.com/index.php worship song keeps running through my head, "No sweeter name than the name of Jesus, no sweeter name have I ever known" I long for God's kingdom to be fulfilled in & through me.
On the practical side of day to day life, I am continuing to choose dinner menus from items already in the freezer/pantry. Today I'm following a simple slow cooker recipe from one of my "Sister Chicks".
Taco Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Rotel tomatoes
I packet taco seasoning
In bottom of slow cooker, stir tomatoes & seasonings. Add chicken  breasts. Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred chicken & serve on nachos, use for tacos, or baked potatoes. It's a versatile dish. I'll try to make Mexican rice again. I definitely need more practice with that one, and of course we'll have tortilla chips on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment